Sunday, July 11, 2010

1/3 of the way there or 76 days to go





This is Chase Mullins and myself before the Bluegrass 10,000. I was working for his parents when he was born and I have watched him grow into a fine young man, even baby sat for him a time or two when he was younger. Makes me feel old to see him now but I am really proud to know him and his sister, Dara. It was fun running with him. PS - I don't think his mom knew me when she first saw me.



This was a good week of running. Monday I did 5 miles in the neighborhood. Tuesday Chandler wanted to go to the gym so he and I went out to the gym. While he was shooting baskts I did 4 miles on the track and worked in some speed work, had a good run. Then finished off with a strength workout.



Wednesday I met Chris and Marty, from the Striders, at the Horse Park and got in 7 miles. It was a little warm but we had a good run. Thursday was Chandler's 13th birtday. Oh my gosh, I have a teenager. I splurged and enjoyed a piece of his ice cream cake, it was soooo good. Then I met Marty and Cherri at John's and got in an easy 4. It was really interesting. I thought the weather was gorgeous, it cooled off a little bit and I was loving it but Cherri and Marty both complained about it being to warm. I have decided runners are divided into two groups, those who like running in the warm weather and those who like running the cool weather. When I am cold Cherri is loving it and when she is warm I am loving it. Makes for some interesting runs for us.


Friday was an off day, since it was Chandler's birthday on Thursday he got to choose where we went to eat and his choice was Jalapeno's. We had a good meal and went to the mall for some shopping before heading home to finish packing him up.


Saturday I did something I would have never thought I was capable of doing. I got up and started off for a run in the dark. Anyone who knows me very well knows I am grade a chicken and it took everything I had to make myself go out in the dark and start running. I ran 2 miles over to Western Elementary where I met Cherri. We then got in 6 together before she had to take off and I got 4 more in. After I was finished I jumped in a shower and got ready, we drove down to Chattanooga and met my mom. Chandler went home with her for the next two weeks. This is the longest we have been apart and though I know it is good for both of us I do miss him.


Training note for the week - I have been worrying about my water intake so since I had weighed before I left I weighed as soon as I got back and I had sweated off 2.4 pds. I was really wiped out when I was done and David and I think I am not getting enough water. I am going to have to plan to drink more. SOOO week 5 is in the books, I am on a 16 week program that makes me almost 1/3 of the way to the marathon. I have 16 miles on the schedule for next Saturday and I am really pretty nervous about it. Let you know next week how it went.


C

My running finds:

wrench
cordless drill

lug nut
hubcap
8 silly bandz
a total of 53 cents







No comments:

Post a Comment