Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Start of last week

Well I have been late in posting because there is nothing good to say about last week. The horse sales started at Keeneland which is always a busy time. I woke up on Monday with a very sore knee. I debated about going to the Dr and realized that to be on the safe side I should so off I went. Luckily my Dr is a runner also and she ordered an MRI although she thought it was inflammation she wanted to be safe. Tuesday I went to get the MRI and was told to wait 48 hrs for result. I did go for a run Tuesday evening to test my knee. It was painful but I did manage to about 3 miles.

Wednesday did not start good at all. Not a mile from the house I pulled out in front of a SUV and totalled my Forerunner. I have thought and thought about it. I would swear I looked and didn't see him coming but as I pulled out there he was. I took a pretty good lick to the head and had to ride in an ambulance to the emergency room. Which anyone who has ever had that experience knows how much fun that was. So the rest of the week was recovering and figuring out what to do about a car.

Friday afternoon I got a good report from the MRI and was feeling pretty good about life again.

Saturday night we went to Toyota in Nicholasville and bought a real pretty little red car.

Sunday I did get up and meet Cherri at the horse park for a run. After about 3 miles I was really hurting and was thinking of stopping when I guess I got used to it and was able to go on and did a little over 7 miles but I paid for it the rest of the day when I could barely walk. Not sure right now whether I am going to be able to do the marathon or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment